United States of America
First, the bad news: The US unit rooster will be very limited at the start of the campaign.
Now, the good news. You will have greater variety of light infantry units to recruit than European factions. The US campaign will be very challenging!
Compared to other fractions in Imperial Splendour the United States will have just one of the three eras. However, it will be split into two distinct time periods.
After the the American War of Independence the Continental Army was disbanded and the regular United States army had a strength of only 1 regiment. This "early" late era will be a period where your access to regular army units will be limited. It may be advisable that you not start a war with anyone!
As you developed your technology and knowledge, you will be able to recruit the Legion of the United States; a well trained army capable of fighting in open terrain and along the American frontier.
Furthermore, you will have historical generals like Nathanael Green, Anthony Wayne and Arthur St. Clair.
- President: Elias Boudinot
- Secretary of State: Robert R. Livingston
- Secretary of the Treasury: Robert Morris
- Attorney General: Thomas McKean
- Secretary of War: Benjamin Lincoln
- Secretary of the Navy: Gouverneur Morris
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
- Alexander Hamilton
- John Jay
- Henry Knox
- Nathanael Greene (starting general)
- Arthur St. Clair (starting general)
- Anthony Wayne (starting general)
- Josiah Harmar (recruit before 1798)
- Daniel Morgan (recruit before 1802)
- Henry Dearborn (recruit before 1796)
- William Hull (recruit before 1798)
- James Wilkinson (recruit before 1802)
- John Barry (starting general)
- Thomas Truxtun (recruit before 1800)
- Richard Dale (recruit before 1801)
- Edward Preble (no recruitment limitations)
- Benjamin Franklin (starting gentleman)
- Benjamin Rush
- David Rittenhouse
- Thomas Paine
- Benjamin Banneker
- William Shippen Jr.
- Susanna Rowson
- Eli Whitney
The United States will have their own army and philosophy techtrees to represent the unique development of the United States during the late 18 century.
The Philosophy Techtree is divided into 4 different parts. At first there is the scientific advance like "Learned Society". The 2nd part are general political ideas like the "Federal System" and consequently the 3rd the acts to transform the ideas into laws and politics. Finally the 4th are economic ideas and measures.
1.2 Social Contract
3.2 Separation of Powers
5.2 Common Government
6.1 Learned Society
6.2 Declaration of Independence
6.3 Virginia Declaration of Rights
7.2 Articles of Confederation
8.1 Scientific Method
8.4 National Bank
9.3 Judiciary Act
9.4 Coinage Act
10.2 Alien and Sedition Acts
As the US did not launch a great army or great army reforms in the late 18th century your option are limited here:
6.1 Continental Army
7.2 Regulations for the Order and Discipline of the Troops of the United States
8.1 First American Regiment Resolution
10.1 Legion of the United States
11.1 Militia Acts
12.3 Military Academy
Be aware that the Constitution is THE keytech for both the philosophy AND army techtree!
At last the United States will have a unique prestige building: The Capitol!
The model is made after the original plans of Dr. William Thornton and does not represent the today's building.